Saturday, June 2, 2007

June 2: Safe in Bo

Hey to all!

This is just a quick "I made it note." After days of travel, I finally arrived in Sierra Leone last night, and after adventures in a dugout boat on the open ocean and a cramped ride in the back of a government vehicle doubling as a corrupt bus of sorts, I'm in Bo, the second major city in the country. I do have a phone here--dial the country code (I think it is 235) and then 33569431 to talk! However, there is no electricity outside of the occasional generator (like at this little joint where I'm typing) so the phone might not be on or charged too often. Anyways, things have started really well, and the country is beautiful and really exciting, so I'm looking forward to quite the adventure.

Hope to keep you posted (though unlikely for awhile given lack of power and internet--we got lucky to find the only line in this town working today!).

Hope all are well wherever you may be!

David

No comments: